Tuesday 25 September 2012

On A High

Today I am on a bit of a high, I managed to get some things done that I've been wanting to do for a bit.
I managed to get most of the rodent cages cleaned out.

The veggie patch has been dug over and I purchased seedlings yesterday which I planted in it today - Tomatoes, Zucchini, Cucumber, Peas, Carrots, Celery, Spinach and Lettuce. Soon I will plant the seeds that I have (peas, tomatoes and lettuce) into trays to try and grow them too. I still have to buy some leaks, broccoli and cauliflower to plant as well, and I might get some spring onions and a few other things next fortnight if I can find things that I like.

I also started tidying up my study today and packing things that I don't need right now away.
Tomorrow Jaycen has a morning session at daycare so I will be catching up on the dishes and hopefully do some more tidying in my study.

My driving has been going well too, although there are still many things I need to work on (not cutting people off by accident is the main thing) and just as many things still to learn (reverse and parallel parking for example), but I am finally at the point where I am really looking forward to going driving, and to being able to drive on my own without Matt in the car. We have talked about the car as well, Matt would like to get a twin-cab ute at some point, and I would like to have a smaller car (we currently have a station wagon, which while great for travelling distances with the kids and the dog I have a lot of trouble judging the length of the car and the distance between the back and front of the car and things around us while driving) so there are a lot of things to think about for my driving future.

On Thursday I am hoping that my best friend Janelle will come to visit, it is supposed to be 27 degrees C, a beautiful spring day! So we have plans to spend the day outside beading while Matt plays with the kids and does some painting with them. And I am hoping Janelle will join me on Saturday for the local Rodent Fanciers Picnic. I am taking one of my girl rats and her babies along, and might take some of the baby mice as well since some of them will be available for sale in a few weeks. Apparently one of the Melbourne rat breeders is coming down to visit all of us Gippsland rodent lovers, it will be interesting to have a chat with her and learn more about her breeding methods. I would love to bring some new rats home with me, but I am not allowed to as I am in the process of reducing my numbers while working on the health of my lines and producing younger rats to breed from in future.

On Sunday it will be the NRL Grand Final, and the Rugby team that we support, the Melbourne Storm, is playing, so Matt has set up the shed and connected the set-top box and aerial to the projector so that we (us and some of our friends) can watch it live on the 7ft projector screen with the wood fire going if it gets cold.
I am looking forward to it, and I really hope that Storm wins since we lost our place in the Grand Final last year due to a salary cap scandal within the NRL (Storm were used as the scapegoat even though every other club was doing it too, some worse than Storm). So we will be kept busy getting ready for it.

Emily is asleep in the bouncer at the moment, so I am catching up on watching episode 4 of "Call The Midwife" which I missed on Sunday.

Until next time,
Jenna - xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment