Sunday 23 September 2012

Driving Lessons + Elise walking and new words

Not much to report really, I did go driving again the other day, just to the shops and back again.
I went driving yesterday too, and again today.
I now have 7 hours and 14 minutes of driving experience, only another 112 hours and 46 minutes left until I will feel comfortable going for my Probationary License, so my goal of getting it by this time next year is well within reach, though Matt is hoping I get it earlier, say by February next year. We shall see.

Other news is that Elise is finally walking everywhere on her own instead of walking while holding onto furniture and the walls. She really started doing it 3 days ago just by walking in circles around the lounge room, and now she is confident enough to walk everywhere but can only walk for short stretches before she needs to have a rest.
She has also learned 2 new words - Cool and Uh-Oh, she is having some trouble pronouncing them properly and getting the right pitch but considering she will be 18 months old on the 30th and was only saying "Mum-mum", "Dad-dad", "Nan-nan", "Bub-bub", "Bot-Bot" and "Pretty" before now it is about time she learnt a new word.

Me, I am feeling a bit better emotionally today, although I am very tired and just want to sleep a lot which I can't do right now. I did manage to have a mostly undisturbed shower this morning by putting the bouncer in the bathroom and having Emily in it where she could see me and putting a "My Little Pony" DVD on for Jaycen and Elise.

Jaycen is in love with My Little Pony at the moment, although I am getting tired of hearing "I want the ponies on again! turn the ponies on again!" every time the DVD finishes, that and the DVD gets extremely boring after 100 repetitions lol
I have purchased 9 new My Little Pony DVDs off eBay, so hopefully they will arrive this coming week and we can watch something new. I am revisiting my childhood with 5 of these DVDs, 4 of which are the original My Little Pony Tales episodes in DVD form (from the 1990's), 4 are the generation 3-3.5 style DVDs (2000's) and 1 is the original  movie. I hope the kids like them as much as they like the current "Twinkle Wish Adventure" DVD.

Well that is it for now, I have to go and start getting some things ready for dinner tonight - Squid Tubes stuffed with CousCous with a Chilli-Lime yoghurt dressing, Yummo!

Until next time,
Jen - xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment