Saturday 15 September 2012

A better day

Here is my second post - so far so good, here's hoping I can keep up with this blogging thing.

As the post title says today was a better day. I don't know if I have a mild case of post natal depression or if it's just an extended period of the baby blues - my GP seems to think it's just the baby blues but I'm at the point where I'm considering changing GPs and getting another referral - but I'm feeling a lot like I did when I was pregnant with Elise; generally out of control, down, isolated and alone, angry and upset.
I'm having trouble dealing with Jaycen who has developed quite an attitude (rather like myself when I was his age come to think of it, and if he's keeps on following in my footsteps Matt and I will be in for one heck of a ride trying to cope with him). Elise has turned into a sook, she is teething and has just had 2 teeth cut through (numbers 9 and 10) and has another one moving through the gum, so she isn't a very happy girl and wakes up several times a night because she loses her dummy that she likes to suck on for comfort. Add to this that all of us are sick with a nasty cold, Jaycen and Elise are more sick than the rest of us with a nasty cough and Jaycen's asthma (that only comes up when he is sick) has flared up again, we've had to give him his puffer 4 times in the past week.
Before I made my first post the other day we had been up in Melbourne for 2 days, on the wednesday we attended the Fine Food Australia Expo for people in the hospitality, food manufacter and food retail industries. Matt is a chef so he got us tickets, and I have my RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate) so I was able to attend as well even though I don't work as I am a stay at home mum.
My best friend Janelle came up with us to watch Jaycen and Elise as we weren't able to take them with us into the expo, we were only allowed to take Emily with us in the sling that I bought just under 2 months ago, so Janelle took Jaycen and Elise to the Melbourne Aquarium for the day, they loved it.
She got some photo postcards made up with them and a little booklet with a photo in it for us, so once I get my phone back next week (the charger adaptor in it broke 3 weeks ago so I had to send it off to be repaired as it was still under warranty being under 1 year old) I will be taking photo's of them to post on here.
Anyway, the expo was amazing, I saw so many things that I had never seen before and got to taste a huge variety of different foods and drinks, I picked up enough pamphlets and flyers to be able to start up my own shop if I wanted to. I also saw the oven of my dreams - once where you press buttons to pick the style of cooking that you want (pan fry, roast, bake etc) and it had 15+ tray/racks in it. Only problem is that it costs over $20,000 to buy one.
Janelle went home around 5pm, and we stayed in the Formule1 motel for the night, wasn't too bad and only cost $99 for all 3 of us. The next day we went to the Queen Victoria Markets and bought $200 worth of fish and meat to stock up our freezer, so now we have enough meat to last us at least a month, and we bought some fruit and snow peas, and a thank you gift for Janelle - a little glass mouse figurine. We plan to go back up again in 2.5 weeks to do another big shop, this time it will only be a day trip to make things easier with the kids.
Emily had only just had her 2 month immunisations on tuesday so she slept most of wednesday and thursday which has affected my milk supply a little bit, but we are starting to get back on track.
I'm currently waitiong for Janelle to finish her work experience next week (she's training to be a childcare worker) so that she can come around and go through the box of Jewellery that I've made and pick out what she wants to give to family and friends for Christmas. What is left over will be divided up into bulk lots and sold on eBay to fund my MCN (modern cloth nappy) and bead addictions.

Anyway, that is all for now.
Until next time.
Jen - xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment