Thursday 4 October 2012

News

It has been a,few,days or so since my last blog entry, and a few things have happened.

First my Oma (maternal grandmother) had a fall and broke her hip, she was stuck on the floor for 2 days before my aunt found her. Shes 88 years old, a heavy smoker and lives on her own, so she's done well to get this far without something serious like this happening. She gave us all a huge scare, we didnt think she would make it through the surgery to pin her hip back together, we are very glad that she did.
Her only visitors so far have been my uncle and us, she's getting a bit lonely in hospital on her own.
To say she looks like hell is an understatement.
Because of this my mum is coming down from QLD to help out, so she will finally be able to meet Emily for the first time. She is driving down and arrives tonight but we won't see her until tomorrow.

In other news Emily had to have some blood tests done yesterday to check her Vitamin D levels, lipids and thyroid because when I was pregnant with her my vitamin D levels were dangerously low but no one told me until after she was born.
Today she saw the paediatrician and we got the results, the good news is that she won't have to see the paediatrician again but the bad news is that her vitamin D levels are only 45 and the minimum of the healthy range is 50 so she has to stay on Pentavite (a childrens multivitamin that is highin Vitamin D) until she is 12 months old.

Tomorrow i am meeting my bestie in Traralgon and we will be going shopping for dresses for the girls to wear this summer, which after the heat we had today (30 degrees celcius) summer is going to be really hot!

That's all for now, until next time,
Jen - xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment